What is My Video Playtime?
Made especially for new home-schooling parents due to COVID-19
My Video Playtime is a FREE, fun, on-demand video program that teaches parents and their kids how to use video making as the new at-home learning activity. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll know how to create simple videos together, using a process designed to enhance your children’s reading and writing skills, teach a relevant skill, and boost their creativity!
Goal-Setting & Achievement
Making videos is process oriented. Your children will reach their small goals one after, leading to reaching the bigger goal: a video they can’t wait for you to see!
Reading, Writing & Creativity
Watching video often gets blamed for lowering literacy. Well, MAKING video instead of just watching does the opposite! Reading and writing are integral parts of the process of creating video.
Build a Skillset for the Future
Video equipment is a relatively easy way to become familiar with what they will encounter in all phases of life. With video editing alone, kids will learn all kinds of technical skills, many of which can easily be translated into other applications.
The Teen Academy is Now Open
Created for the QuaranTEEN who wants to learn how to create videos for Youtube.
What You’ll Learn
• The Step-by-Step basics of how to make a video (Even if you’ve never done it before) in less than 30 minutes!
• Reading and Writing exercises that make the process simple
• How to Plan, Film, Edit and Share your videos
• Ways you can support your child in their video making
• What Software and Equipment you’ll need (You may already have much of it already)
• How to maintain online safety and privacy
• Fun Ideas and Topics for Making future videos at home
What Our Families are Saying
This is an incredible idea! I’ve needed something different and fun for the kids to do at home!
My son is all smiles over here! He is super excited!!!
What an amazing way to give back and teach goal-setting to children!